I worked on this post for a while to try to cover all the things that have happened since my last post in March! And I have a feeling it may be a while until my next post, so this one is long and lengthy to hold myself over ;)
1. Went to California twice:
1a. Once in April for work:
(i got to sneek some fun in there too.. Got to stay with Mikala all weekend and hang with all my friends and fam!)
1b. Once with Alysson in May for Kedma's wedding:
What a dress!! She was a gorgeous bride. It was a super fun event and the dancing went on all night long. I really admire Kedma. She has married an amazing man, Paul, and now combined with her 2 kiddos, she has 5 total! I am so lucky to be marrying into such a great family!
*While we were there, we worked on our wedding plans...
(this is Heritage Park, location of the ceremony!)
*We also got to have a super fun BBQ at Pop's and Mary's house with Carne Asada galore and Wii Guitar Hero action.
2. In March my cutest baba sis Claire came to town for the weekend:
3. At the end of April my Mom and Alysson's Mom Marluce came to town for a major fun Mom Weekend:
Hung out in Dumbo.. Sup Manhattan Bridge
Ate our fave Gyu Kaku..
Saw all the sights.
Walked over the Brooklyn Bridge.
Played b-ball in our basement gym.
Danced Rave style at Fuerza Bruta.
4. Kelly & Zak Erwin and the Mueller clan came to New York for one day during their trip to Boston! They did great navigating their way around the city and even made time to take a snooze on the grass in central park. Like locals already... Sadly they were so tired by the time we met up for dinner in Chinatown, that we forgot to take any pictures!
5. Officially joined the long hair club for women--My hair is now 3" below my collar bone.
6. Had surgery to remove a benign tumor in my left breast... All is good now, no worries. Here's the scoop: Finding a lump in my breast last year was very scary and stressful. I had a sonogram and biopsy that showed it was benign tumor called a Fibroid Adanoma, which is apparently common in young women. They said it would be fine unless it started growing bigger. After it doubled in size within 6 months, the doctors needed to remove it. I'm very grateful that it's all over now and everything was benign so I have nothing else to worry about.
7. Designed Spring 09... I was a couple days late because of certain reasons listed above.
8. Celebrated Kelly's 27Th birthday 3 nights in a row last weekend and there is another party tonight! Happy Birthday Kels!!! We Love you!!
1. The week after our Mom's were here, Alysson finished his Spring semester and started an internship at Alien Kung Fu, a motion graphics firm in Soho run by some young fun guys. They have already put Alysson in charge of designing and animating TV spots for FX channel, MTV2 and Comedy Central. He is having a blast there! One of his bosses is a sky-diving instructor, so we are seriously considering doing it. haaaha, scary..
2. During school Alysson gained an award for special recognition for his video "The ABC's of What I wanted to Be" and was asked to show it at the prestigious Art Director's Club of New York.
3. He designed and hand made his portfolio and several books which are beautiful and could easily be sold in art stores. Word on the street is that all his teachers were totally blown away by his final projects!
4. Alysson designed our wedding invites that are being printed now, so cute! And he is busy working on a video project for Complex Magazine online.
5. He is gorgeous as ever and I'm so proud of him and all his accomplishments..
Hopefully that wasn't as overwhelming to read this as it was to write it, (it took me a couple weeks to complete this post!!). There are so many exciting things happening in our lives this year and I wish I could just slow down the tape to make sure I capture it all. I think once we get through the wedding and honeymoon (In Brazil!), life will be much simpler.. Except by that time Alysson will have started back at school and will be busier than ever. So, scratch that notion of a simple life! I guess this is what we asked for ;)
Love you all! Miss you millions!! xoxoxoxoxoxo