Monday, July 13, 2009
Monday, July 6, 2009
Alysson and I got to go see an early screening of Coco Avant Chanel a few weeks ago at the Sony building with our bestie Kelly.. It comes out in September and I highly recommend that everyone should see it- Chanel lovers and film lovers alike.. I love a good fashion film and have watched probably every documentary about Chanel up to this point, but this is not a fashion movie- it is Avant Chanel afterall, and really shows her life before Paris and her love affairs with two dashing french men... Audrey Tatou was brilliant and all I want to wear now are nautical stripes!! J'adore!
Watch extended trailor HERE.
Tuesday, April 14, 2009
Friday, April 10, 2009
But most of them just couldn’t leave. The energy is too insistent, the parties too crazy, the work too hard. And the dreams have no measure."
Tuesday, February 10, 2009
LOVE Coraline's captain hat and yellow rain jacket, perfect for stomping through the rainy garden mud.. Her friend Wybie had some cool clothes too but that's anotha post...
leather greek fisherman's cap from The Executive Shop, butterfly hair clips and yellow wellies from Asos, striped gloves and clear umbrella from Urban Outfitters, rain trench from JCrew
The outfit her "other mother" gives to her is tre adorable..
rhinestone star earrings, one shoulder star top and blue ankle booties from Asos; star sweaters all from ebay, black skinny pants from Urban, black ankle booties with blue studs by Sigerson Morrisson for Target; nail polish in "opening night" and "skinny jeans" by OPI for Sephora.
Go See it now!! xxooxxoo
Wednesday, January 28, 2009
Nicole Richie's grecian braids were the inspiration for my wedding hair..
I love how these french braids look wrapping around the face.. un problemo.. Along with whistling and knitting, french-braiding is just not a skill that I've managed to pick up over the years.. i can use all the help i can get...........
Any tips on how to do a quick, easy french braid???
Tuesday, January 27, 2009
First up.. FLORAL PRINTS!! they are blossoming up all over the place, from ditsy florals to liberty's to wild colorful abstract prints.. I love to see a sweet little floral piece mixed with black while it's still cold and then with bare legs and boots for spring/summer.... pics from asos, target and ebay.SHREDDED DENIM will be a new staple in my spring wardrobe.. i've already taken my seam ripper to a few pairs of my old jeans and am living in them--with tights underneath for now.. I love super faded out vintage looking bell bottoms and bleached skinnies. pics from abercrombie, la garconne, oak nyc, and acne jeans.
WASHED LEATHER pieces are really making a statement in nuetral colors (also want to note that there are actually some great looking faux leather jackets out there for those of you with that preference). i think a tan or white leather moto jacket is totally "the new black" for spring.. i want to layer one over everything! pics from william rast, urban outfitters, acne jeans. i tend to believe that a girl can never have too many boots.. I spent all fall looking for the perfect ankle boot and then absurdly found 6 pairs at once. well, what could i do? for spring I think the sexy slouchy boot shape paired with dresses looks fresh.. pics from nine west, asos, isabel marant via style.com and ann demuelemeester via seaofshoes.
and finally.. anything in LACE or that LACES-UP seems to really be getting my heart rate going lately.. i love black gothic lace, and for spring light creamy romantic colors will be making an appearance for sure.. well, knowing me, it will probably stay black! pics from hot topic, asos, whowhatweardaily, forever21, target.
what are you all shopping for this spring???
Thursday, January 15, 2009
- Ok, who knew that Gwenyth Paltrow had her own blog?? Hurry click over to GOOP and sign up immediately for her newsletter. She sends out emails with delicious recipes, hotel and restaraunt suggestions, clothing recommendations and pictures of her wearing the pieces! Martha Stewart better watch her back! I have to admit I wasn't a huge fan before and thought she was a big snob, but now??... J'ADORE!!!
- Sea of Shoes & Atlantis Home -- Mother and daughter, Judy & Jane Aldrige are a quite fabulous duo, with fabulous blogs to match.. Coming out of a small town in Texas, you wouldn't necessarily imagine finding people with such refined taste, let alone a whole family of uber stylish.. (actually I think Texas may have more to offer than I think-- have any of you been to Dallas or Austin lately?? i heard the art/music scene is great).. Jane blogs about shoes, clothes and art, while Judy mostly shares pictures of inspiring home design and her remodeling projects-- their home is beyond gorgeous by the way.. I'm taking notes ladies...
- The Selby -- Todd Selby is a photographer who shoots artists, designers, stylists, and celebrities in their homes. He gets many of the shots published in magazines, but posts the rest of the pictures and behind the scenes interviews on his blog. Maybe I'm just nosy, but I find it fascinating to see the way creative people live and how they decorate their own spaces..
- Cup of Jo-- I just found her blog yesterday and me thinks me loves already.. She writes about all sorts of fun things from home design, to new hair styles to celebrities. She also writes a blog for Glamour.com called Smitten about love & romance, it's quirky and cute. She is getting married and gives lots of cute inspiration and awesome photographs (reminds me of Veronica's photos..) Super cute!
- Last but not least, My Daily Style is written by Spanish fashionista M*.. This girl takes being fashionably pregnant to a whole nother level - She makes it looks so easy and chic! I swear I want to dress just like her but without the baby growing inside! haha not yet anyways.. But for you pregnant girls, she is a great inspiration!
I have tons of other blogs i check up on daily (mostly fashion related which doesn't help my online shopping habits..) But I thought these 6 would be interesting to share.
What blogs are you reading right now??? xxooo
What are you all doing for the long weekend?? xxoo